Thursday, January 7, 2016

Six Pigeons On A Telephone Line


stock-photo-11099344-the-pigeons-sits-a-electrical-line.jpg
Pigeons on a Cable. Digital image. IStock. IStockPhoto LP, 15 Nov. 2009. Web. 05 Jan. 2016.


Everyone told me it was a bad idea, but I knew I had to do It. If I didn’t confront Eric for what he did to me in the cafeteria, I knew would never live this down. Rob and Marty were the only ones who seemed to agree with me, even if what I was about to do would result in senseless violence. It’s not like fights weren’t common at Riverdale High school, and all I wanted to do was give him a couple of blows to the face and chest. I know he was with me on this, but Marty had an uneasy look on his face that screamed out, “I’m not sure if you should do this.”


Unlike him I had a determined look on my face and started to clench my fists, “It’s payback time,” I said.


We finally got to the school parking lot where Eric was standing with his posse, trying to look all cool with that smug look on his face.  


“It’s time for me to get you back for pouring that chocolate milk down my pants in the cafeteria,” I said with hate in my eyes.


“You still mad about that bro, I thought we were cool?” He said as he walked towards me.


“Cut the crap Eric, we both know I can’t leave here without a fight so you better man up and pull out your fists,” I shouted with complete and utter indignation.


“So that's how it’s gonna be?” He was now less than foot close to me, “then let’s go.”
We both took our jackets off and got ready for the beat down. I noticed that during our conversation a rather large crowd had formed around us.


I started the fight by giving Eric two blows to the chest, which he blocked as we circled each other. He gave me a lot of right hooks and hit me every time. It was probably a bad idea to fight a guy who has a brown belt in karate. By now my eye was bruised and I had a cut on my lip, thinking in my head how dumb this was but then I noticed something. I saw about six pigeons on a telephone line, and just by looking at their faces I knew exactly what to do, so I quickly slid under Eric’s legs, and punched him in the face as soon as he turned around.


“What you gonna do Eric,” I said in a mocking tone as the audience laughed.


“I’m gonna kill you,” he screamed.


That is when I quickly  ran to towards the pigeons leaped into a bush next to the telephone line so he couldn’t get to me. He started taunting me for hiding and I said,


“Look up smart ass.”


As soon as he looked up all 6 of the pigeons simultaneously pooped and the entire audience was video taping it. Eric ran away in shame. The next day nobody even cared about the cafeteria incident; they were all deciding what meme to put on Eric’s sh*t covered face.

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say, you story just sounds so much powerful! The characters are just so cool. Nice story!

    ReplyDelete