Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Ominous Letter



Chu, Becky. I scraped my knees when I crawled from hell. Digital image. Pinterest.com. Pinterest, 2014. Web. 11 Dec. 2015. <https://www.pinterest.com/pin/342414377891828207/>.





I decided to open the letter. So many things were rushing through my mind. I took all the courage I had and started opening the mysterious bloody envelope. Inside, there was a little piece of paper, all in dirt. Something weird was going on. Suddenly, I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and didn’t see anyone. Then I heard a voice of a little girl. She said, “Don’t open it… you’ll end up badly.” I thought I had hallucinations, but then I looked up and saw her in the mirror. I immediately turned around, but she wasn’t there anymore. Things were getting really creepy. I heard the doorbell, through the peephole I saw a girl in Scout’s uniform, messy black hair, and bloody knees. I opened the door.

“Hello, Mr Cooper,” she said, “Could I please have some water? I feel nauseous.” I wondered where she knew my name from, because this was the first time I had ever seen her. I let her in to have some water. I went to the kitchen, and when I came back with the glass, she wasn’t there. I was running around the house, trying to find her, but it was worthless. She just disappeared, like she never even came here. After that, I noticed that the letter had disappeared, too, I questioned, why would she take it? There were no reasons, so I decided to forget about it and a have a little nap.

Horrible nightmares were pricking me, this little girl was everywhere. I was going mad. In this dream I saw myself reading the letter and the girl just came behind my back and stabbed me with a knife. Then I woke up.

It was late evening and I decided to make some tea, when I opened the sugar jar, I saw the letter. It was there. The same letter I received this morning. Without further to do, I decided to read it. It said:

Dear Mr Cooper,
We wanted to inform you and your neighbors that there are a series of murders happening in your area. For now, we cannot identify who is committing these horrible crimes. Before each murder, victims let a little girl inside their house. Our advice to you is to stay at home until further notice.
Best Regards,
NYPD

I thought that letter was a joke, even the sign at the end wasn’t written the proper way. Maybe it was a silly joke from the kids, that live two houses away from me. Suddenly, I felt something sharp and cold in my back, then horrible pain. I tried to turn around, but I fell on the floor.

I woke up in the hospital. The doctor said that someone tried to attack me, but luckily a little girl saw me and called the ambulance.

“Which girl? I was alone in the house” I asked.

“I guess you have amnesia. She had dark hair, Scout’s uniform, and for some reason her knees were all in blood,” said the Doctor.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story, I am actually really proud and the fact that you improved a lot on your writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really intense and well-written. Enjoyable to read!

    ReplyDelete