Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Result of Trouble



Preta, Luna Gata. Black Cat with Yellow Eyes. Digital image. Social Wallpaper. Kirk Ouiment, 5 Jan. 2012. Web. 5 Jan. 2016.
Preta, Luna Gata. Black Cat with Yellow Eyes. Digital image. Social Wallpaper. Kirk Ouiment, 5 Jan. 2012. Web. 5 Jan. 2016.
      It was getting dark and cloudy, I hurried home from work. When I got there, I saw a black cat sitting in front of the door.  I didn’t know whose it was, what it wanted, or why it was there.  Though, the strangest thing was that it didn’t move or meow. It just stood there.  I ignored, and went inside.   
     The next day, I looked through the window and I saw that the cat was still there.  Only this time, the cat was holding something between its paws. There was also a black line that began at the cat’s tail and continued perpetually into the distance.  I went outside and saw what it was holding.  It was a piece of paper that said, “Follow the line and never turn around.” 
      Ha!  Or else what? I thought to myself.  Ignoring the note, I turned around to return to my house. Except, the door was locked.
     “Huh, that’s weird, I don’t remember locking the…” I paused as I was turning around seeing a sign that said ‘House for Sale’.  The cat had also disappeared.  I turned back around and I peered through a window. The house was empty, until all of a sudden, WHOOSH.  Something moved fast. 
     What was that? I thought to myself.  It was big and black.  I didn’t know what to do, but suddenly, I heard a voice.
     “Follow the line and don’t ever turn around,”  Those were the words that I heard.  As I heard that, I knew that I didn’t have a choice.  I felt that if I didn’t follow the instructions, something bad would happen.  I didn’t have a choice.  
     And so I followed the line.  I walked and walked and walked for days without food, water, or money.  I could feel the cat’s presence, but it was nowhere to be found.  I was, however, sure that there was a man stalking me. He wore a yellow shirt and black hat and whenever I stopped to take a break, I could see him from the corner of my eye.
     As I walked, I witnessed many terrible things.  People gambling, homeless people getting beaten, car accidents, shootings. The trouble would never stop.  I couldn’t take it.  I knew that I had to turn around, but I remembered the cat’s instructions: follow the line and never turn around. 
     I couldn’t make up my mind. Turn around and go home! Wait wait, don’t do it, something bad might happen!  Are you really going to listen to that cat?  Just do it!  Go back home!
     I stopped and turned around.
     The trouble behind me was gone.  Everything looked like hell.  No one was there but me.  What happened? I turned around again and saw the black cat from my house, however this one had its eyes glowing. 
     “Welcome to my world now,” said the cat.  A talking cat?  I couldn’t believe it.
     “How did I get here?” I asked. 
     “Oh, let’s just say you were passed into the enemy’s hands.  You couldn’t take all of the trouble.  So you killed yourself.  Allowing you to go to hell.  Though if you were to just do what I instructed you to do, you would’ve gotten everything back.” 
     No! I thought to myself.  I knew that I was stuck here forever.  “What have I done that allowed me to come here?” I asked. 
     “Oh you know what you’ve done. Stealing that money from your mother, beating up the homeless, cheating to yourself and on others. Oh you’ve done a lot,” I heard someone said. 
     “Why yes, Boss.  He has done a lot,” the cat said. 
     The man with the yellow shirt and black hat stood in front of me. I assumed that he was the cat’s boss. 
     “You…you…you were the one with…”
     “Yes, I wanted you here. I was the one who sold your house,” he interrupted. 
     I then remembered, he was that mysterious person in my house.  The one who moved extremely fast.  It was him after all.  Now I’m stuck in hell with no escape.  No way to ever be good.  All of my troubles have caught me red handed. 
     “Welcome to Hell,” he said, “A world for the ones with the result of trouble.”


No comments:

Post a Comment